Re: st: re: how to link the help file for a command to its immediate

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: how to link the help file for a command to its immediate
Date   Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:45:41 -0500

A large part of what you need to know is in [U]. Follow with [P].

Additionally, get hold of Kit Baum's book when it appears.

That said, many of us learned much by copying the nearest program we could find to what we want to do and then modifying it.

Michael McCulloch wrote:

what Stata manual should I obtain [..]learn ado programming?

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/