Re: st: bug in "egen" command?

Subject   Re: st: bug in "egen" command?
Date   Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:12:05 -0400

Rembert De Blander <[email protected]>
If you want us to reproduce this result, you can find a handful of obs
where it can be seen, then start your example with -input- e.g.:

clear
set type double
input pid x
1 5
1 .
2 5
2 7
end
replace x=_pi if mi(x)

loc x "x"
loc id "pid"
egen double i`x' = mean(`x'), by(pid)
generate double I`x' = 0
qui levelsof `id', local(idlst)
foreach lvl of local idlst {
 qui summarize `x' if (`id' == `lvl'), meanonly
 qui replace I`x' = r(mean) if (`id' == `lvl')
}
su
li