Re: st: Apple Script to Comment Lines in Text Wranger/BBEdit

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Apple Script to Comment Lines in Text Wranger/BBEdit
Date   Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:41:45 -0400

Thanks for the reference, Dave. Dataninja is John Gardner. I hadn't looked at the John's site for quite awhile, but your post prompted another visit.

There I discovered scripts that do exactly what mine does, only much faster. They are the GenericComment and GenericUncomment scripts (http://dataninja.wordpress.com/2006/05/08/textwrangler-uncomment- scripts-for-stata/). These script work out of the box not only with do-files, but also with R command files and LaTex files. It's a little embarrassing to find them for the first time, since I corresponded with John about using BBEdit with Stata. I use his scripts for submitting Stata commands (the URL in your post) and use his module for syntax coloring of do-files (http:// dataninja.wordpress.com/2006/02/28/stata-language-module-for- textwrangler/).

The Dataninja site is well worth a visit.

-Steve