st: Re: RE: PROBLEM WITH OVERID WITH IVTOBIT COMMAND : HELP

Subject   st: Re: RE: PROBLEM WITH OVERID WITH IVTOBIT COMMAND : HELP
Date   Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:24:49 +0200

If I may weigh in on this (fully agreeing with the complaint by Mark): I tried to check out the problem reported in the initial post with my Stata MP 10.1, and I also got the 197 error which, with -set trace on- was located in the -syntax- of the ivtobit2 program. I had installed -overid- from the first item coming up after -findit overid- as part of the SJ 7.4 set of programs. I could not replicate the examples in the -h overid- because of the constant syntax problem.
When I subsequently had Stata -net install overid, replace- the problem vanished magically. Are there two versions of -overid- out there?

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Schaffer, Mark E" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:06 PM
Subject: st: RE: PROBLEM WITH OVERID WITH IVTOBIT COMMAND : HELP

Olivier,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
olivier lohest
Sent: 21 September 2008 18:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: PROBLEM WITH OVERID WITH IVTOBIT COMMAND : HELP

Dear Statalisters,

I have the following problem but couldnt solved it quite sometime.

I have estimated with tobit instrumental regression this
equation (on cross section data) i.e

ivtobit Y1 X1 X2 X3 (Z=X4 X5) twostep, ll(0)

Next, I would like to test the overidentifying restrictions
after the ivtobit command Thus I am using the overid module
developped by Christopher Baum with the next command

overid

I have this following message : invalid syntax

DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION?

HOW CAN I PROGRAM THIS IN STATA?
 Thanks a lot
ol
You need to provide a LOT more information if people here are going to offer to help. Look at the Statalist FAQ, especially Section 3:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#advice

Some obvious suggestions: what version of Stata are you using, what versions of -ivtobit- and -overid-, what is the actual output of -ivtobit- and -overid-, etc etc.

--Mark

Pour une rentr�e sur des chapeaux de roue, �quipez votre PC.
http://www.demarrezfort.be/

registered under charity number SC000278.