Re: re; st: Pweight

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: re; st: Pweight
Date   Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:33:49 -0400

Gao-- you might have missed this in the -help-. Notice the section set off by ** **'s.

-Steve

"aweights, or analytic weights, are weights that are inversely proportional to the variance of an observation; i.e., the
variance of the jth observation is assumed to be sigma^2/ w_j, where w_j are the weights. **Typically, the observations
represent averages and the weights are the number of elements that gave rise to the average"**