Re: st: instrumental variables with stage 2 NBM and panel data

Subject   Re: st: instrumental variables with stage 2 NBM and panel data
Date   Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:52:11 -0400

Charlie Trevor <[email protected]>:
If you want a consistent IV estimator for count data,
 ssc install ivpois, replace
and read the help file:
 help ivpois
For fixed effects, you could include 29 dummy variables, and
clustering (resampling panels rather than obs) can be done via
bootstrap options as mentioned in that help file.  For -nbreg- you
will have to write your own estimator, or you can try sticking in the
residuals from your 3 first-stage regressions in addition to the 3
endogenous vars (with no guarantee of consistency, but clearly better
than sticking in the predicted values; see Wooldridge 2002:
http://www.stata.com/bookstore/cspd.html), and bootstrapping the whole
thing.