st: specifying position of -atrisk-markers in sts graph

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: specifying position of -atrisk-markers in sts graph
Date   Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:11:50 -0700

Is there a way to specify the position of the -atrisk- markers when using -sts graph-?
When specifying the -atrisk- option of -sts graph-, the markers are attractive and informative, as long as the survivor function plot lines don't overlap, as in:

sysuse cancer.dta, clear
stset studytime
sts graph, by(drug) atrisk

However, when the plot lines do overlap, it's a confusing jumble, as in:

replace studytime = studytime*2 if drug==1
stset studytime
sts graph, by(drug) atrisk

I'd like to be able to move the numbers so that they don't overlap. I've tried some of the marker label position options, such as:
mlabpo()
mlabvposition()
mlabgap()
...but they have no effect on the position of the -atrisk- markers, no matter what I put within the parentheses. Could anyone kindly suggest a solution?

--

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel: (415) 407-1357
Fax: (415) 485-1065
[email protected]
www.pinestreetfoundation.org