Re: st:oaxaca decomposition after fixed effect analysis

From   Dimitris Pavlopoulos <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:oaxaca decomposition after fixed effect analysis
Date   Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:51:08 +0200

Dear Mandy,

before checking whether the syntax is correct you should consider how to apply an oaxaca after a fixed effects regression. If you have time constant predictors there is a lot of bias involved. Please see the following reference as an example:

ftp://repec.iza.org/RePEc/Discussionpaper/dp1886.pdf

best regards,
Dimitris

Quoting Man Jia <[email protected]>:

Hi all,

I'm going to do oaxaca decomposition with the fixed effect estimators
in a panel data set. I haven't done this before, so I'll appreciate if
you let me know any problem in my following commands. It'll be great if
there's easier way to deal with this.
Thanks for your help!
  ***model y[i,t] = B*x[i,t] + u[i] +t + e[i,t]
. xtreg y x,few
. predict y_demean ,xb
  ***x_demean =y[i,t]-mean of y[i,t]
  ***x_demean is the created variable =x[i,t]-mean of x[i,t]
. oaxaca y_demean  x_demean
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.
Regards,

Mandy

dr. Dimitris Pavlopoulos

International Master in Social Policy Analysis (IMPALLA)
University of Leuven
OE CeSO, room 02.27
Parkstraat 45 - bus 3601
3000 Leuven