Re: st: pweight or fweight?

From   Andrea Bennett <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: pweight or fweight?
Date   Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:50:09 +0200

Thank you so much for your explanation. This helps a lot!

However, I cannot really say much more about the data at the moment, only that due to be able to compare my results to another paper which uses such an approach I wanted to try it out, myself. But you are right, these are supposed to be post-stratification weights. As far as I know, the whole sample did already take into account other characteristics. There is over-sampling for a handful of state (if I remember correctly, this was due to another research group wanting to rely on the same data).

Many thanks again!

Andrea