RE: st: comparing three gorups

From   "Rajesh Tharyan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: comparing three gorups
Date   Sun, 7 Sep 2008 10:08:35 +0100

Hi,

I suppose I have to say testparm _I*4 and then testparm _I*5
And then compare.

Thanks
rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Rajesh Tharyan
Sent: 07 September 2008 09:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: comparing three gorups

Hi maarten,

Thanks very much.. that is very helpful. One of the variables is highly non
normal but log transformation makes it reasonably close to normal. So I
suppose I could do that.
In the example you have created three groups based on rep78. A mvreg is run
with mpg and trunk as the depvars with dummies for the three groups of
rep78.

The output shows that w.r.t mpg group 4 is more similar to group 3. w.r.t
truck again group 4 is more similar to group 3. The parmest gives me an
overall F. But how I do I interpret that w.r.t to mpg and trunk combines gp
4 is more similar to go 3.

Thanks
rajesh