st: Programming a command for survwgt to show iterations in raking?!?

From   "Hagen von Hermanni" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Programming a command for survwgt to show iterations in raking?!?
Date   Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:43:13 +0200

Programming a command for survwgt?

I am an absolute rookie in Stata!
I face the following issue:

I try to perform a raking (sample- balancing) on a sample. Therefore I use the special raking program from Nicholas Winter survwgt, which appears to work excellent! Unfortunately it “just” presents me the final raking weights! What I would like to know is how many iterations did Stata need to converge the weights?

Professor Winter was so kind to give an advice on how to use the program. Upon the iteration question he stated, that it would be pretty easy to program stata to show how many iteration steps were needed!

I’m lacking the needed inside in stata (and especially programming) to perform this reprogramming!

Is there somebody who can give me an idea how to reprogram? Maybe I’m not the only one who is looking for this “program patch”, since the count of iteration steps is a quality factor of raking weights.

I really somebody can help me on this!

Many Thanks

Hagen