st: RE: accessing r(datasignature)

From   "Matt Spittal" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: accessing r(datasignature)
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:27:50 +1000

Buzz,

You're almost there.  Try:

	dis "data signature is  " r(datasignature)

Note that -r(datasignature)- does not need to be evaluated as a macro.

-- Matt
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Buzz Burhans
Sent: Wednesday, 3 September 2008 2:14 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: accessing r(datasignature)

I'm stuck - I can't seem to make this construct work -

Copied in from log (4 lines):

datasignature
25:44(69721):2205656284:3186766102

dis "data signature is  "`r(datasignature)'
data signature is

Why doesn't the r(datasignature) display in the above line?
I can't seem to access r(datasignature) or store it in a local macro?

ultimately, what I want to do is store r(datasignature) in a local macro
that I can later compare with a second datasignature generated after
importing a presumably identical .txt file ( compared by using confirm
"`datasig1'" = "`datasig2'" )

I had this working at one time in Stata 9; I am currently using Stata 10.1
(Win XP) and am not sure whether the changes to datasignature between Stata
9 & 10 are causing my problem, or if I just lost track of the how to access
this macro, i.e. too many/ few quotes etc.

Thanks

Buzz

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group