Re: st: Summer North American Stata Users Group meetings

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Summer North American Stata Users Group meetings
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:31:58 -0300

Dear Maarten, Ben Jan and statalisters,

These presentantions using SMCL are really fantastic. But I was
thinking if I can change the size of the letters... I would like to
increase the size to all my students in the class see the presentation
very well.

Best regards,

Joao Lima

2008/8/30 Maarten buis <[email protected]>:
> --- David Airey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Maarten Buis' presentation using Stata is a model one for teaching
>> something using Stata. He uses the viewer to show code and slides,
>> but hyperlinks in .do files to execute code, etc. Really effective.
>> There are of course bits and pieces of this approach in existing
>> help files, but here it is done more completely.
>
> As much as I would like to take all the credit, honesty compells me to
> say that I learned most of this from a presentation by Nick Cox at the
> 2007 Nordic and Baltic Stata Users' Group Meeting
> ( http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/nsug07.html ), and he informed me that
> he in turn learned most of it from a talk by Vince Wiggins at the 2004
> United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meeting
> ( http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/usug04.html )
>
> Although I like this way of presenting, it is not the most user
> friendly way of distributing the presentation: the presentation
> consists of a .zip file with 77 different files. To help make sense of
> it, it does contain a readme.txt explaining where to get started, but
> some have understandably overlooked that file and got lost. For that
> reason I have copied the content of the readme.txt below:
>
> ================== begin readme.txt ========================
> The following steps need to be taken in order to view this
> presentation:
>
> 1. Extract the files in the .zip file to a separate directory.
> 2. Start Stata
> 3. Use -cd- to change to directory where you extracted the files from
> the .zip file.
> 4. Type -view mlbsnasug08.smcl-
> =================== end readme.txt =========================
>
> -- Maarten

> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

Joao Ricardo Lima
Professor