st: RE: RE: changes of variables over time in panel data

From   Wen Xia Ge <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: changes of variables over time in panel data
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:14:27 -0400

Sorry, the description of my question is not clear. Let me rephrase my
question:

My panel data is composed of bond issues of thousands of firms over more
than 10 years. My goal is:

(1) Get the means (medians) of several firm-level variables (V1 to V5)
prior to bond issues and post bond issues, i.e., to get the means
(medians) of V1 to V5 for years -2 to +2 relative to bond issues, and
then
(2) test whether they are significantly different from zero or not in
each year,
(3) test if they change significantly from t-1 to t, from t to t+1.

I would like to present the results in the following format:

Year         -2            -1              0              1
2
V1           mean         mean            mean           mean
mean
       (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics)
(t-statistics)
V2           mean         mean            mean           mean
mean
       (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics)
(t-statistics)
V3           mean         mean            mean           mean
mean
       (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics)
(t-statistics)
V4           mean         mean            mean           mean
mean
       (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics)
(t-statistics)
V5           mean         mean            mean           mean
mean
       (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics) (t-statistics)
(t-statistics)

Thank you,

Wenxia