st: RE: RE: "V_b-V_B is not positive definite" / XTOVERID

Subject   st: RE: RE: "V_b-V_B is not positive definite" / XTOVERID
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:05:48 +0100

Alexandra,

I'm curious too.  I just tried reproducing the problem in Stata 9.2 and
couldn't.  The following gets the "not pd" error message without the
sigma options, but add one of these and it goes away:

sysuse abdata
xtreg n w yr*, fe
est store fe
xtreg n w yr*, re
est store re
hausman fe re
hausman fe re, sigmamore
hausman fe re, sigmaless
xtoverid

Could you post your output to the list?  And also check that your
versions of -hausman- and -xtreg- are up to date.  Mine are

. which hausman
C:\Stata9\ado\updates\h\hausman.ado
*! version 3.0.14  18jan2007

. which xtreg
C:\Stata9\ado\updates\x\xtreg.ado
*! version 1.5.2  19mar2007

--Mark

> Best,
>
> Alexandra

registered under charity number SC000278.