Re: st: why no 'undo' option in Stata

From   Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: why no 'undo' option in Stata
Date   Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:15:07 +0200

On top of what Maarten has already said, let me add that you can have two log files, one for recording screen output and one for commands only open at any one time. An expedient place to tell Stata to open those is the profile.do -h profile-. Just put

*********
log using C:/Users/`c(username)'/Documents/Stata/log/mydefaultlog, append
cmdlog using C:/Users/`c(username)'/Documents/Stata/log/mydefaultcmdlog, append
*********

in there (construct a dir "Stata/log" in your Documents first), and any changes are reversible if you refrain from overwriting dta files. The command log can be used as a do-file to replicate anything you have done in the past...

HTH
Martin

Quoting Steven Samuels <[email protected]>:

You should never save the data.

I think Maarten meant: never "save, replace".  Save the data only under
a different name.

-Steve