Re: st: RE: Use a few observations from a tab-delimited or csv file

Subject   Re: st: RE: Use a few observations from a tab-delimited or csv file
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:21:09 -0500

At 11:15 AM 8/20/2008, Todd D. Kendall wrote:
I do have Excel 2007, but I have been unsuccessful in using it to
effectively create a fixed-column file.  Whenever I save the file as a
.prn, I only get about 250 columns.  But this is Statalist, not
"Excellist"....

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  I am still working on it,
but I think one of these methods will likely work for me.
Do you have any other programs that can read csv files, e.g. SPSS? One of them might be able to handle this for you.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam