st: RE: RE: Bootstrap and Technical analysis

From   Mahmoud Abd-El-Aal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: Bootstrap and Technical analysis
Date   Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:33:56 +0100 (BST)

Hey,
First of all thanks for the advice that you gave me on the bootstrap, i
know that bootstrap is problematic with time series and is not very
supported on
stata, but i thought if someone did it; like the refrees i mentioned, then
someone surely knows how to do it using an advanced statistical package
like stata.
Second some points in reply to your dislike of my actions:
1- I did not have time to read the FAQs since i just joined and trying to
get my questions answered rather than read the rules on how to use the
list, but i will do that and next time i will try not to disobey the
rules.
2- I was not trying to emotionally blackmail anyone and it did not even
cross my mind. I was just writing very spontaneously. Anyhow, i can not
force anyone to reply to my query, therefore if you considered that to be
an emotional blackmail and the kind of posts you do not like, you could
have simply just moved over to the next thread rather than trying to
"discipline" me.
3- In the FAQ, which yourself is responsible for and am reading right now,
this sentence is stated:
"None of these people or organizations (which are yourself and Marcello
Pagano) is responsible for the content of Statalist postings, which are
all informal public communications, or for the consequences of acting upon
them."
I am just stressing on the informal part and that human beings when
conducting an informal query about something they do not know and becoming
desperate about after researching or trying other ways tend to get a bit
irritant or emotional unconciously, after all am not posting this question
to my boss at work.

Again, thanks for your help with my question. I know that you are busy
with work and will probably charge a lot of money for the long email you
sent in response to my question in order to put me on the right track
about how to conduct my questions in the list, but i think a simple
sentence of 'please do not include emotional language into your queries'
would have been much easier, and from now on i will try not even to say
Dear stata listers or best regards at the end to sound as proffesional as
possible.
--
Mahmoud Abd El Aal
MSc. F&I