Re: st: USESPSS is now available for download from SSC

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: USESPSS is now available for download from SSC
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:07:52 -0400

Dear Tom,

when I right click on the
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/u/usespss.forwin32
in your message and attempt to save the file, it allows me to do it,
which makes me think that:
1. the file is actually there
2. there is something about your system that does not allow it to be installed.

Are the other files installed OK?

I have just tried the following to test if it works in Stata 9.2:

. sysdir set PLUS c:\ado\SPSSTest2\
. ssc install usespss
checking usespss consistency and verifying not already installed...
installing into c:\ado\SPSSTest2\...
installation complete.

Since a plugin is actually a DLL, you might want to check if your
antivirus or other security software allows DLLs to have a different
extension. In the end (after install)the file name must be
usespss.plu, size 562,176, MD5: 6ee170504e01881ca31230aa2dfda2e3

Let me know if there is a conflict regarding the DLL name. You can
always save it as usespss.dll and replace usespss.plu with usespss.dll
all over in the .ado files.
If this is a confirmed issue, I will rename it in the package, but so
far this was not the case.

If the above fails, try manual download using the link in your email.

I've noticed that on the following page:
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s456952.html
the extension is listed .win32, it must be .forwin32

If you install manually, and get an Error 404, Page not found, simply
change the extension in the URL:
http://ideas.repec.org/cgi-bin/get_doc.pl?urn=RePEc%3Aboc%3Abocode%3As456952&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffmwww.bc.edu%2Frepec%2Fbocode%2Fu%2Fusespss.win32

http://ideas.repec.org/cgi-bin/get_doc.pl?urn=RePEc%3Aboc%3Abocode%3As456952&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffmwww.bc.edu%2Frepec%2Fbocode%2Fu%2Fusespss.forwin32

Hope this helps,