Re: st: How to perform GLM with nested observations

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to perform GLM with nested observations
Date   Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:46:31 -0400

Yes, I had typed -xtmepoisson- but then had this memory
of seeing 1m+ bats pour out of a cave in Thailand once
and thought maybe it would be ridiculous to assume that
bat counts were small integers. So I edited out the
mention.

thanks,
Jeph

Austin Nichols wrote:
Jeph--
With a depvar that is a count, I think you would prefer -xtmepoisson-
but the cluster option on -glm- or -poisson- is the place to start,
and with 500 sites there are no worries about insufficient clusters.