R: st: probability mass function for a binomial distribution

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: probability mass function for a binomial distribution
Date   Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:52:02 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I have probably found out the answer to my last Friday thread.
I do hope this may be useful for someone else on the list.
However, a little concern remains about the lack among Stata 9.2/SE commands
of an in-built for calculating the (probably too trivial) probability mass
function for a binomial distribution, which is instead available within the
most widespread spreadsheets.
One more time, my grateful thought go out to Steve and Nick (in order of
appearance in my incoming e-mail folder) for pointing me out the importance
of a step-by-step research in dealing with Stata troubles.

Kind Regards and enjoy your Sunday,
Carlo

set obs 21
g id=_n-1
g n=20
g k=_n-1
g p=.2
g Binomial=Binomial( n, k, p)
g PMF_Binomial=1- Binomial if id==20
replace PMF_Binomial=Binomial[_n]- Binomial[_n+1] in 1/20