Re: Re: st: two-way fixed effects

From   "Martin Wang" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: two-way fixed effects
Date   Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:07:19 +0800

Dear all,

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried based on your advise and find xtreg and xi: reg i. are the same, in terms of estimate and SE but may differ in R squred and others. Regarding the firm-year interaction dummy, I thought that over again, and I think indeed it is capturing a little different fixed effect, allowing each firm-year combination has an a different intercept and no relation between different intercepts. And also, if there is no variation within a firm-year combination, then the model cannot be estimated. I tried a2reg but it seems weird..Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Martin

======= 2008-06-25 05:02:52 Original Message��=======