RE: st: treatreg2

From   Astrid Kiil <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: treatreg2
Date   Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:20:00 +0000

Partha,

Thanks for your reply.
Does treatreg2 by any change follow the model proposed in your article stated below?

Deb, P. and P. K. Trivedi (2006). "Specification and Simulated Likelihood Estimation of a Non-normal Treatment-outcome Model with Selection: Application to Health Care Utilization", Econometrics Journal, 9: 307-331.

Best
Astrid

> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:08:04 -0400
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: st: treatreg2
>
> Astrid and all,
>
> -treatreg2- is a package I've been working on, but, in part because I haven't
> had the time to write things up, not made completely public. It is available
> for installation, however, via http://urban.hunter.cuny.edu/~deb/Stata.
>
> -treatreg2- models binary treatmen with a number of possibilities for the
> distribution of outcomes (currently negbin-1 and 2, and gamma, with more
> coming soon). The treatment and outcome equations are "tied" via a latent
> factor which can be either symmetric (normal) or skewed (chi square or a
> reflected chi square - for negative skewness). The model is estimated by MSL.
>
> Best.
>
> Partha

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger�