st: Estimating a choice model with allocations

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserve <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Estimating a choice model with allocations
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:45:54 -0400

Hi,

I have a project coming up that has a discrete choice component. Doctors will be asked to allocate their next 100 patients to a set of medications in a choice set. Several choice sets will be shown as part of an experimental design. If the doctors are asked to choose just one medication, the estimation could be done with clogit. If they are asked to rank the medications in a choice set, then rologit could be used. But what about my case where they have to allocate patients and the allocations sum to 100? The allocation will, of course, rank the medications, but rologit seems to require numbers such as 1, 2, 3, ..., etc. I'll have 10, 20 31, 5, etc. that will sum to 100. How can I estimate a choice model from this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Walt Paczkowski

--
________________________