Re: st: Stata licensing query

Subject   Re: st: Stata licensing query
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:22:49 -0400

Skinner Jane Dr (MED) <[email protected]>:
You can buy a second copy of Stata for a different platform at a
substantial discount (call Stata), but my guess is that whatever Unix
system you propose to use will already have Stata on it.  However, you
can run a program on your computer for 300+ hours and still use your
computer at the same time, in all likelihood.  This is particularly
true if you have a dual-core CPU and Stata is only using one core, but
it is true regardless.  Your Windows license for Stata covers as many
instances you can feasibly run at one time, and this is often a large
number, so you can leave your simulation running and still work on
other projects.