st: Initial failure in Cox hazard models

From   "Shirkey, Zachary C" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Initial failure in Cox hazard models
Date   Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:22:31 -0400

I am using stcox to do survival analysis, but a large number of my cases fail in the first time period for which they are observed and thus are being excluded from the analysis.  I 'm concerned this is biasing my results.  How can I deal with this issue?  Is there a statistical technique I can use in stcox, or do I need to add a t=0 period prior to the beginning of each of my cases?

Zachary Shirkey
Assistant Professor
Political Science Department
St. John Fisher College