st: RE: estimating random effects in panel probit models

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: estimating random effects in panel probit models
Date   Mon, 26 May 2008 16:57:07 +0100

-gllamm- is telling you that it is finding it difficult to maximise the likelihood for your model. You need to rethink your model or consider what characteristics of your data might be problematic.

Saygin Sahin�z

I have a panel of sectoral data (20 sectors) for 18 years (quarterly). I
want to run random effects probit model using gllamm. I first defined 2
equations for random effects
gen byte one = 1
eq cons : one
eq ihr : ihr

and then use

"gllamm state imp, i(sektor) family(binomial) nrf(2) nip(30) eqs(ihr cons)
link(probit) adapt"
However, I received the message "numerical derivatives are approximate flat
or discontinuous region encountered". What may be the reason of this
message??