st: difference-in-means for xt data

From   Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: difference-in-means for xt data
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 16:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, everyone.  I wanted to examine a few variables
for their differences-in-means over two rounds of a
survey.  That is, for each variable, how has its mean
changed between survey round I and survey round II?

I can imagine how I would undertake the t-tests if
these were two, disjoint cross-sections or if these
were a balanced panel.  But, this is something in
between.  Some respondents are only in the first
round, some are only in the second, and some were
actually surveyed twice.

Since my data are xtset, I would guess there is a
straightforward way to do this.

Thanks for your thoughts, of course.  Lloyd Dumont