st: R: set seedcommand query

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: set seedcommand query
Date   Sat, 10 May 2008 08:50:42 +0200

Dear Swati,

"..if you need to reproduce the same series of "random" numbers, initialize
the seed (a large integer used for the initial calculation)..." (quoted from
the very helpful Svend Juul's textbook An Introduction to Stata for Health
Researchers. College Station: Stata Press, 2006: 257.

Kind Regards,

Carlo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Swati Tyagi
Inviato: venerd� 9 maggio 2008 22.37
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: set seedcommand query

Dear�Statalist users,

In STATA, if we use the SET SEED # where # is any random number and run a
bootstrap for n replicates, does that follow the same path the next time we
run it or is the starting point same only.
I wish to know because I need to run bootstrapping on the same sample twice�
for 2 variables one after the other and I want STATA to follow the same path
both the times.
Pleae let me know any comments/understanding/suggestions.

Thank you.
Swati Misra

________
Be a better friend, newshound, and