st: RE: Question?

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Question?
Date   Thu, 1 May 2008 09:07:39 -0400

Samira Bakhshi wrote:

>Hello,
I want to estimate a panel data system.
Does anybody know how I can do it in Stata?<

David Greenberg already answered this question to the extent it can be answered, but here goes again....

Stata has many facilities for estimating panel data. Indeed, there's an entire series of programs devoted to panel data (XT). There are also many user-written packages that one could download that might be appropriate. Without knowing specifics of your problem, there's no way anyone can tell you anything useful. See:

     http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#question

Also I may well be incorrect, but this---and several other posts of late---smell like end of term homework questions, for which see the final bullet point of the reference I just sent. Many of us are faculty members who I think it is fair to say would not be amused if our students were pestering Statalist, Rhelp, or whatever, with homework questions. I know I wouldn't be.

Jay

<<winmail.dat>>