Re: st: batch job on Linux server

From   "WEI-JANG HUANG" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: batch job on Linux server
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:23:51 -0400

Partha,

I tried what you suggested and now it's telling me 'unable to open.....log'.  Did you need to specify the full path name when issuing 'stata' command?  I'm suspecting I might be at the wrong place (directory).

Weijang

>>> Partha Deb <[email protected]> 4/18/2008 10:17 PM >>>
Commands as you have described work for me.  However, if your mydofile has an
extension, e.g., mydofile.do, you'll need to add that to the file specification

stata - bb do mydofile.do &

The ampersand at the end will allow you to get back to your prompt (%) while
the Stata job is running.

Hope this helps.

Partha

WEI-JANG HUANG wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone have experience in running batch jobs on Linux server?  The command
>
>      % stata -b do mydofile
>
> failed with message 'no such job'.  I issued the command at the prompt at the Stata console from the directory where the do file resides.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Weijang
>
> Weijang Huang
> Senior Research Analyst
> W.E.Upjohn Institute for Employment Research

Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398
http://urban.hunter.cuny.edu/~deb/

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley