RE: st: Stepping through do file

From   "Buzz Burhans" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stepping through do file
Date   Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:17:59 -0400

Michael,

Thanks very much for your response.  I just ran through one of my sets a set
of 6 do files with of do files -it took two days to get through and find and
fix the problem.  Now it runs fine -but I see that there is another
unexplained anomaly in the output data yet  -so I'll get a chance to try
your utilities out.

I'm impressed by your creativity in approaching this problem. I like your
idea of creating a second copy as in your -addpause- program- it will.  I
have been adding -pause- to my files and following it with a comment:
L##_FileName; adding the Line numbers was useful in finding out where in the
file it was pausing and helped identify where the code was that need
examination - necessary because I was only adding pauses at places
(sometimes a fair distance apart) where I suspected I needed to look for
problems. This was part of why using manually entered -pause- was tedious.

By having them in at many short intervals using your -addpause- program I
should be able to see enough of the code as it runs to keep my bearings.

I'm impressed by your creativity in approaching this problem. I envy your
programming ability-

Thanks again; I'll let you know how it works.

Buzz

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group

Twin Falls, ID