Re: st: Cluster dendrogram

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cluster dendrogram
Date   Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:51:10 -0300

Nick,

my suggestion wasn�t to solve the problem of how to remove the limit
of the dendrogram. I just think that with large data sets the correct
option to use is nonherarchical methods without dendrogram.

Joao Lima

2008/3/20, Nick Cox <[email protected]>:
> I don't think that would have any effect upon Mike's problem.
> The issue is drawing a graph of the clustering. How do you do
> the clustering is immaterial to that.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Joao Ricardo F. Lima
>
> why don�t you use kmeans? Nonherarchical methods can be applied to
> much larger data sets than hierarchical techniques.
>
> 2008/3/18, Davis Mike <[email protected]>:
>
> > I have a question about Cluster dendrogram.
> >
> > Now, I am using the cluster analisis as follows.
> >
> > cluster ward var1 var2 var...., measure(matching) name(cluster)
> >
> > After that, I try "cluster dendrogram cluster" as the postclustering.
> >
> > However, error message "too many leaves; consider using the cutvalue()
> > or cutnumber() options" appears.
> >
> > When there are many observations, the dendrogram would become too crowded.
> > However, I would not like to limit the dendrogram.
> >
> > Would you please teach me how to remove the limit of the dendrogram?

Joao Ricardo Lima
Professor
UFPB-CCA-DCFS
+553138923914