Re: st: cumulative probabilities under competing risks with covariate adjustment

From   Enzo Coviello <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: cumulative probabilities under competing risks with covariate adjustment
Date   Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:55:07 +0100

Dear Uri Goldgerg,

thanks for using -stcompet-

Do you know of any plan to advance this matter? This has enormous importance in analysis of the old cohort studies where long-term follow up of mortality and/or the incidence of dementia have been instituted and relating them to mid-life levels of risk factors is sought.

At the last Italian Stata Meeting prof. Bill Gould said that the competing risks matter is in the "wish" (or "doing") list of the Stata Corporation.
Since this is a public mail I believe that prof Gutierrez or Gould could directly give a more precise reply.

The -rsource- command, written by R. Newson, allows to run R from within Stata. So, in the meanwhile you could use the -cmprsk- R-package from within Stata and import the results.

As further Stata opportunities in competing risks, even if not directly addressing our problem, there is -stpepemori- available on the SSC archive, testing the equality of two cumulative incidence functions, and new codes of -strs- (a command estimating relative survival) that allows to compute cumulative incidence without knowing the cause of death, making use of the expected probabilities of death. This new version of -strs- is not yet available on the web but I can send on request the preliminary version.

Best wishes.

Enzo

Enzo Coviello
Unit� di Epidemiologia e Statistica ASL BARI
Piazza V. Emanuele 14
70054 Giovinazzo (Bari)
Italy
tel./fax +39 080 3357867