st: random effects probit model

From   Duha Al-Kuwari <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: random effects probit model
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:08:49 +0000 (GMT)

dear all, good morning

i have a question about  random effect probit model.

is it an acceptable to include dummy variables in random effects model. i'm asking this question because i've got strange results when  i added dummy variables to my model  .

that is , when i used random effects probit model to test my variables ( before adding dummy variables) as:

xtprobit y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6, i(id)
mfx compute, predict (pu0)

i've got  significant results. however, when i added dummy variables to the model as:

xtprobit y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7  d2 d3  d4 d5, i(id)
mfx compute, predict (pu0)

the  results were strange: non of Z values were insignificant, except d3, moreover the Z values of variables wee almost the same  . can any one please help me and tell me whether it is an acceptable to use random effect probit model

thanks

Dr.Duha Al-Kuwari
Department of Finance and Economics
College of Business and Economics
University of Qatar
P.O. Box 2713
Doha, Qatar
Tel: (+974) 485-1868

Disclaimer: The information in this email and any attachments thereto, may contain information from Qatar University that is confidential, protected by intellectual property rights or otherwise legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Unless otherwise expressly agreed by the sender, this information may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information contained herein by persons other than the designated addressee(s) is unauthorized and maybe unlawful under the relevant applicable laws. If you are not the addressee, delete this message immediately from your system. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender.