RE: st: Programming Help

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Programming Help
Date   Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:40:48 -0000

For the underlying programming principles, go straight to a text on
combinatorial algorithms. (Search your univ. library catalogue.)
And then code them in Mata.

The programs I am aware of, -allpossible- and -selectvars- on SSC, are
not good examples of combinatorial programming. They just do what the
author
intended with examples of modest size.

David Airey

Why not download one of these and view the program code? That's one
nice thing about Stata, you can view code for many of the commands.