st: Re: Log files with "log off" and "log on"

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Log files with "log off" and "log on"
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2008 13:52:24 -0500

Stata tech support explained that one can use -quietly log off- and
-quietly log on- to suspend and resume logging. With these commands,
one line still appears in the log file:

. quietly log off

I found out that this line and the following blank line can be removed
with -filefilter-.

. filefilter log.txt log2.txt, from(". quietly log off\r\n\r\n") to("") replace

log2.txt has no traces of the commands used to suspend and resume logging.

Friedrich