st: KcKelvey & Zavoina's R2 in -fitstat- after -gologit2-

From   Sara Mottram <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: KcKelvey & Zavoina's R2 in -fitstat- after -gologit2-
Date   Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:42:50 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I have fitted a partial proportional odds model in Stata 9.2 using -gologit2-. In their book, Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Data using Stata, Long and Freese suggest that McKelvey & Zavoina's R2 most closely approximates the R2 from linear regression models (which I assume makes this the most suitable R2 to use). Following the advice on Richard William's website to use the v1 option, I have been able to use -fitstat- with -gologit2-, however, it does not produce the M&Z R2.
Please could someone tell me if this is because it does not make sense with a partial proportional odds model, in which case, is there a more appropriate measure of fit that I can use? Or do I need to specifically ask for M&Z R2 via an option?

There was a similar question posed last year, but the solution suggested to that post (see below) gives me an estimate of "." I'm not sure what that means.

sysuse auto
logit foreign price
fitstat
estadd scalar r2_mz = r(r2_mz)

and then tabulate using:

estout ., eform cells(n se(par)) stats(r2_mz) style(fixed)

or:

esttab ., eform se scalars(r2_mz)

Best wishes,
Sara