Re: st: how to use ztnb?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to use ztnb?
Date   Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:57:29 +0100

Which is the question, here? Your knowledge of -ztnb- seems to exceed mine. Your code
xi:ztnb mf-counts i.age [fweight = freq] if mf-counts>0, dispersion(mean)
let you estimate a zero truncated NB mobel where the dispersion (the parameter called dispersion in Stata) is a nonlinear (exponential) function of the mean. As a default, it includes a test about the hypothesis that the dispersion is a nonlinear (exponential) function of the mean vs. the dispersion is a constant (if the test is insignificant, then the dispersion is a constant).
Nicola