st: Problem in Updating the Executable StataSE 8.0 for Macintosh

From   Helen Lim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem in Updating the Executable StataSE 8.0 for Macintosh
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:14:54 -0500

I got Stata/SE 8.0 for the Macintosh in 2003 but I stupidly never did an update until now.

When I did the update today, all the ado etc files were updated successfully. After the executable had been downloaded and extracted however, and I typed -update swap- to complete the installation, I got the following error message :

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --
. update swap

1. Verifying new executables
File /Applications/Stata/StataSE.bin was not found, aborting swap.
r(601);

I did a search on my whole computer and there is no file named StataSE.bin anywhere.

Does anyone know what I should do, please ?
Do I still need to complete the installation, and if so how ?
Or can I simply trash the old executable file (which I see has been renamed StataSE.1) and launch the application using the new executable file (named StataSE) ?

Thanks,
Helen

*
* For searches and help try: