RE: st: Ask Non linear equation

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Ask Non linear equation
Date   Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:32:11 -0800

You may also wish to use the noconstant feature of regress.  Next, you
will want to estimate the variance of alpha2=gamma/alpha1  (I use gamma
to mean the product of alpha1 and alpha2).  This should be (using the
delta method)
var(gamma/alpha1)=var(gamma)/alpha1^2+var(alpha1)*gamma^2/alpha1^4-2cov(
alpha1,gamma)*gamma/alpha1^3

Don't trust my math here - I derived this a couple of times with
different answers...  At any rate, you will need to access the returned
matrices. Also, noconstant models have some tricky aspects that others
may be better able to discuss.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health