Re: st: File not a Stata .gph file

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: File not a Stata .gph file
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:13:17 -0500

Hello Davide,

1) can you post the original command which builds the graph in the first place?
2) is any of the "older" graphs similar/exactly same as the one that
stopped working?
3) can you kick out observations from your data and see if save/use
starts working at some point? if it does not and the number of obs is
low enough may be you could post the data as well?
4) try to trace graph use, and see where it breaks down.
5) try to open your gph file on another computer/platform. If it opens
-- then there is something wrong with graph use on your machine, if
not - there is smth wrong with graph save. Can you post the gph file?
6) rcap works fine on Stata / Windows 9.2:

twoway rcap  length  weight  price
graph save "X:\untitled.gph", replace
graph use X:\untitled.gph

Best regards, Sergiy