RE: st: RE: AW: Error in -esttab- (option smcltags not allowed)

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: AW: Error in -esttab- (option smcltags not allowed)
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:02:30 -0000

Ben, you re right. I do have two files.

I ll have to ask IT to update the one in the server because access is not allowed.

Is there a way to ask Stata to use other directories first?

I typed

. cd C:\ado\plus\

which is where the -ssc- installed files go but Stata still reads the server .ado first.

Thank you
Manos

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ben Jann
Sent: 14 February 2008 15:47
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: AW: Error in -esttab- (option smcltags not allowed)

My guess would be that you have different versions of -estout.ado- lying around on your system. Type

 . findfile estout.ado, all

and see whether multiple files are found. Probably you have an outdated version in the working directory that takes precedence over the version installed in the user ado system.

The -smcltags- option (undocumented) was added at some point in time to support generating SMCL formatted tables and does not exist in earlier version of estout.
ben