RE: st: Issue with multiple imputation -ICE-

From   Ren� Wevers <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Issue with multiple imputation -ICE-
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:35:27 +0100

First of all many thanks for all the replies.

I will check the distribution of the (employment) size of the companies in
my sample. However it does not seem very likely to me that this distribution
will prove disturbingly nonnormal. My sample is a selection, namely all the
'product innovators', of the Dutch version of the Community Innovation
Survey (CIS). The data was gathered by the Dutch central bureau of
statistics and they always (deliberately) create a sample with a large
spread of sizes of companies.

Besides the fact that I don't expect the distribution to be very skewed or
otherwise disturbed, there is also the fact that of the 5500 missings I
imputed, more then 2000 turned out (strongly) negative.

Thus it seems that we either completely neglect some assumptions for -ice-,
the data is not appropriate for -ice- or something is going internally wrong
with -ice-.

Since the data is only accessible at the bureau of statistics I can apply
your comments this Friday at the earliest.

Many thanks again and greetings,

Ren�