RE: st: RE: Controlling display format for -addlabel- option on -histogram-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Controlling display format for -addlabel- option on -histogram-
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:16:27 -0000

The answer was rather "Yes, you can" although the answer is admittedly
more complicated than you would like.

Ronan Conroy

On 11 Feb 2008, at 12:01, Nick Cox wrote:

> I think you might need to go a long way round and use
> -twoway__histogram_gen- followed by -string(,)- to create a
> string variable that you could use as marker labels. On the face of
> it,
> a   -format()- option or suboption would seem natural in this context.

I was afraid that the answer might look like this.

For a person well-versed in Stata, this is a 'yes, maybe' answer.
However, for my colleague, it probably says 'no, you can't'.

Perhaps the kind folks at Statacorp would include an option to
control the format of the numbers displayed by -addlabel- to the
dialogue.