Re: st: Running the same do file but getting different results

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Running the same do file but getting different results
Date   Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:28:30 +0000 (GMT)

--- krishanu karmakar <[email protected]> wrote:
> Indeed, I have used the sort command and the relevant variable is an
> id variable for individuals. Incidentally that is "repeated" for some
> observations as the same individual may have fallen ill in the
> reference period more than once. I think I need to use the serial
> number of illness as the secondary sort variable along with the id
> variable.

In this case it is probably useful to check whether id and serial
number of illness uniquely identifies each observation. They probably
should but when preparing data it useful to check that kind of things.
In this case the command would be:

isid id serial

(assuming that serial number of illnes is called serial). Another
useful command for checking if things are as they should be is
-assert-, see -help assert-.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis