Re: st: optimal configuration for windows 32/64

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: optimal configuration for windows 32/64
Date   Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:27:51 -0500

On 2/8/08, Wallace, John <[email protected]> wrote:
> I upgraded to Stata MP last year, and went with a 64-bit Windows XP
> system.  Stata runs great on it, but I do have some compatibility issues
> with other programs (Adobe Acrobat, for one - not the reader).  There
> are also weird things that happen even within Microsoft software, such
> as charts not displaying within Word once I paste them into a document
> (sometimes refreshing the screen or scrolling up and down causes the
> display to work).

The issue with the Word not displaying the graphics is most probably
not related to 32/64-bit migration. It is the same on many 32-bit XP
machines I know and the symptoms match.

> I kept my 32-bit system and that's what I do my authoring on now, with
> the multiprocessor workhorse pretty much being Stata-only.  Someday I'll

This sounds like a first step towards implementation of Stata in hardware? : )

Sergiy