Re: st: exporting stata preferences

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: exporting stata preferences
Date   Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:40:21 -0500

At 02:03 PM 2/6/2008, Adrian de la Garza wrote:
Hello Stata users!

Does anybody know if there's a way to
save or export my Stata preferences so that I can use Stata with my own
preferences on a different computer? I don't know if I can save these
to a file I can carry on my USB drive, and then I just copy this file
to some folder in the Stata directory in any other computer. I work in
the Statistics lab at my university and there are people who come here
often to use Stata but they usually get different computers because
their previous computer is taken. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Adrian
You could probably adapt the suggestions that are given on this page:

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/statsinfo/ndstata/ndstata.html

Basically, you just write a little do file that changes the Stata directory settings to a drive that you have read/write access to.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam