RE: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:10:24 -0000

I guess you think that -max(probability)- looks in variable
-probability- and returns the maximum. It doesn't do that. If that's
what you want, you need to do this first

su probability, meanonly

and then to use that maximum r(max) in what follows.

Peter Dijkstra

That's a good idea!
I have a 4-option model, then I have the problem that a threshold of 25%
nor the maximum probability are perfect as threshold. However, what if
I'd like to select the maximum value? I use
    by each_individual: gen correctly_predicted = (probability ==
max(probability))
But this ain't working: what do I do wrong?