st: GEE or svy:logit

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GEE or svy:logit
Date   Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:49:11 -0500

Greetings from a new Statalister.
I am in need of advice, including references, if you have any.

We have done a household-level cross-sectional survey including all consenting adults within the household (1 to 4 per cluster). There are both household-level and personal-level variables.
The dependent variable is nominal at the personal level (ill/not ill).
The focal independent variable is nomial and at the household level (water contaminated/not).
Other variables of interest (explanatory, in relation to focal independent variable) are at the personal and household level.

My question is this...do I need to use GEE to adequately account for clustering within households OR would the svy:logit in Stata do this? (The ICC for illness & household is 0.08, SE 0.08)

Regards,
Brenda Coleman, PhD candidate

*
* For searches and help try: